- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
With the Vector 3 power meter by Garmin, you can equip your bike with the next generation of pedal-based power measurement. The already compact design of the Vector pedals has been further revised and improved. An extra pedal transmitter for data transmission, as the predecessor had, is not necessary anymore. Without it, installing the power measurement system on the bike is even easier. For cycling, the power is the direct and objective measure of your cycling performance, as it is – unlike the heart rate – independent of external factors like nutrition, stress, fatigue, heat or cold. Using a power meter allows you to precisely measure the intensity of your training and perform power-based training. The concept behind the Vector 3 system is simple, yet effective: it measures your power output at the pedal, where force is applied. Vector measures the slight deflection of the pedal spindle through your entire pedal stroke and by comparing that measured deflection to a factory-calibration, Vector can determine how much force you’re applying to the pedal. It measures a few hundred times per second. This dual Vector 3 system comes with power sensors in both pedals. This means that the power from each leg is measured independently of the other. Moreover, it also shows the total power, as well as the balance between your right and left leg (balance) to allow you making your pedal stroke even more efficient. What’s more, Vector 3 measures your pedalling cadence using built-in accelerometers as well as numerous other data. Those can be displayed on compatible Garmin devices or other compatible, ANT+ and/or Bluetooth Smart ready bike computers as well as on GarminConnect, the free online fitness community. As the Vector 3 power meter is pedal-based, you don’t have to convert other components such as the crank or the wheel. Another advantage is that it puts less additional weight on the bike than crank-based power meters.
• Easy Plug&Play pedal system
• Status LED shows important installation and maintenance information
• Accurate watt measurement (+/- 1%) with left/right leg power distribution
• ANT+™ technology
• BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology (for transmitting data to devices with Bluetooth Smart Protocol)
• Robust and durable thanks to piezo sensors housed in the pedals
• Measures various watt values and cadence, i.e. no further cadence sensor is required
• Automatic temperature compensation for exact wattage values in all environments
• Dynamic calibration process after battery change
• Adjustable crankarm length value: 110 mm to 236.5 mm
• Easy firmware updates for future updates
• Performance data and graphics at Garmin Connect™: Online training portal with more than 3 million users and more than 300.000 uploaded activities every day – analyse your daily training and use free training plans, features for map display via Google Maps, Bing or Open Street Map, or plan routes and share data
In total, the Vector 3 provides up to 49 different power and cadence values, including the generally accepted power measuring parameters:
• PP - Power Phase: Shows you the pedal stroke region where you start producing positive power, where it ends, where you spend the most energy and how the leg power distribution changes throughout the pedal stroke.
• PCO – Platform Centre Offset: Measures the horizontal power distribution on the pedal (“+” and “–“) and reveals the effects that the sitting position and the alignment of the cleats have on the riding technique and power transmission.
• Sitting/standing position: Shows the power output and time spent in sitting/standing position (real time display on compatible models)
• FTP – Functional Threshold Power™: The FTP is considered to be the highest power level you can maintain for one hour without becoming fatigued (=> threshold performance)
• NP – Normalized Power™: The NP is a "theoretical" performance that would have been achieved if the performance had been constant during the training session. The NP thus resembles so called "Power Spikes" and "smoothes" the power curve mathematically to a comparable value.
• IF – Intensity Factor™: IF is an indication of how hard or difficult a ride was in relation to your overall fitness. (IF = NP/FTP)
• TSS – Training Stress Score™: TSS indicates the "objective" load of an activity, which also takes into account its duration.
• Lightweight housing made from composite material
• Stainless steel pedal plate
• CNC machined, hardened stainless steel spindle
• Sealed bearings
• Adjustable release tension
• Weight: approx. 316 g / pair
• ANT+ radio protocol
• BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
• Replaceable battery (2x LR 44)
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX 7
• Battery life: approx. 120 hours of active cycling
Attention: The rider’s weight must not exceed 105 kg!
In the box:
Garmin Vector 3 pedals (1 pair), red cleats (1 pair)
Note: Includes red cleats with anti-slip rubber surface (± 3° angular float. For cleats without float see prod. code 2099017).
Manufacturer’s ref.: 010-01787-00
ATTENTION: It depends on the connected device which performance data fields can be supported and analysed. For exact information about your device, please check the manufacturer’s information.
The pedal axle of the GARMIN Vector™ 3 pedals is compatible with the successor GARMIN Rally™!
This way, an existing Vector™ 3 can also be updated with the various GARMIN Rally™ pedal body exchange kits and/or converted to another click system (e.g. SHIMANO SPD SL / SPD).
optional GARMIN Rally™ pedal bodies:
• GARMIN Rally™ RS pedal body replacement kit for SHIMANO SPD-SL (prod. code 2315528)
• GARMIN Rally™ XC pedal body replacement kit for SHIMANO SPD (prod. code 2135530)
• GARMIN Rally™ RK pedal body replacement kit for LOOK KéO (prod. code 2315527)
- Manufacturer`s ref.: