- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
With the introduction of the FOX 38, the US suspension specialists closed the gap in their in-house numbering system and presented a new weapon for Enduro, Freeride and rougher E-MTB use.
The forks of the Factory Series are cutting edge for the toughest Enduro race tracks around the globe and are extensively tested by professional FOX athletes in the Enduro World Series even before market launch.
However, you can also benefit from its extra stiffness and professional technological developments on your home trails. Because in addition to the new 38 mm upper tubes, FOX has ensured that special channels in the casting improve the lubrication of the upper bushings and foam rings, which ensures consistently good response. What’s more, bleeding valves were integrated in the lower fork tubes. With the simple press of the Air-Release button, you can adjust the air pressure inside the casting to match the ambient pressure. This ensures consistent performance and optimal travel use. A particularly practical feature if you often take the lift to higher trail starts.
Moreover, the lower leg arch is rounded and jutting forward to ensure outstanding stiffness values and provide ample head tube clearance. This is a great advantage with today's modern voluminous head tubes, with shorter offsets and when using Reach-Adjust headsets, as it avoids a collision between the head tube and the lower leg arch.
• Factory model
• GRIP2 damping cartridge with VVC (Variable Valve Control) and the HSC and HSR adjustment range reduced to eight clicks
• Massive 38 mm upper tubes
• Optimised fork casting for maximum stiffness
• Approx. 31% higher bending stiffness, approx. 17% better braking stiffness and approx. 38% more torsional stiffness than a FOX 36
• Tapered steerer tube with varying wall thickness (ovalised) for improved stiffness/weight ratio
• Jutting, rounded lower leg arch to provide more space between arch and head tube
• Lower Leg Bleeders: valves for bleeding the lower tubes (pressure equalization)
• Lower Leg Channels: air or oil ducts to reduce the internal pressure and to improve
the lubrication of the upper bushings and foam rings
• Floating thru axle
• Float EVOL air spring (spring rate can be adjusted with volume spacers)
• Brake disc compatibility up to max. Ø 230 mm
• Intended use: Enduro, Freeride
• Material: aluminium (fork crown/upper tubes), magnesium (lower tubes)
• Finish (upper tubes): Kashima coating (gold)
• Wheel size: 29"
• Steerer: tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5" (aluminium, threadless, approx. 264 mm)
• Upper tube Ø: 38 mm
• Suspension: Float EVOL
• Damping: closed GRIP2 cartridge
• Adjustments: air pressure, external high- and low-speed rebound, external high- and low-speed compression
• Remote: no
• Disc brake mount: PostMount 7" (180 mm Direct Mount)
• Max. brake disc Ø: 230 mm
• Front hub spacing: 15 x 110 mm (Boost)
• Weight: approx. 2180 g
Available with travel:
• 160 mm (installation height: 573.7 mm)
• 170 mm (installation height: 583.7 mm)
• 180 mm (installation height: 593.7 mm)
Please indicate your choice.
Available with offset of:
• 44 mm
• 51 mm
Please indicate your choice.
In the box:
• 1 FOX 38 Factory GRIP2 suspension fork incl. manual
• 1 QR thru axle
• 1 (brake) hose guide
• 1 Ahead star nut
• 3 volume spacers
Maximum tyre size 29“ x 2.6" (when using tyres larger than 2.4”, you should check the tyre clearance with the fork fully compressed. There should be a distance of at least 6 mm to the fork crown.)
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- Travel (mm):
- Brake mount:
- Post Mount
- 15 x 110 mm